Your Guide to Circle Reunion 2023
Is the real world starting to get you down? Do you need some R&R with your camp friends? Good news: Reunion is just around the corner.
Use this guide to prepare for a weekend in 21719.
You may drop your stuff off at your bunk, but you MUST park your car in the lot outside of camp. Please do not park on any grass or walkways (an emergency vehicle must be able to drive through camp). If you need to park inside the gate, please contact Maggy Kay at LouiseCircleReunion@gmail.com to reserve a spot in the Dining Hall parking lot.
You will receive your name tag, bunk assignment, schedule, and pre-purchased mementos in the Dining Hall when you arrive. You’ll also have the opportunity to purchase camp mementos and vote on the Circle Board ballot if you haven’t already done so online. Camp gates open and check-in begins at 4:00 PM and Shabbat services/dinner will be at 6:30 PM.
If you test positive for COVID-19 prior to Circle Reunion, the following policies apply:
- Day 0 is the date of your positive test.
- You are not eligible to attend Circle Reunion if it falls between your Day 0 and Day 7.
- You may be eligible to attend Circle Reunion as early as your Day 8, with the following requirements:
- You are asymptomatic
- You have taken at least 2 negative tests 48 hours apart.
- If your COVID-10 symptoms recur or worsen, your Day 0 resets.
For example, if you are asymptomatic and test negative on both your Day 6 and your Day 8, you may come to Reunion on your Day 8 with no further testing or masking requirements. If your first asymptomatic day and negative test is your Day 7, and you are asymptomatic and test negative on Day 9, you may come to Reunion on your Day 9 with no further testing or masking requirements.
Want to give back to Circle? We are still looking for help with a few Circle weekend activities. Are you good at starting fires? If so, we are looking for someone to take charge of building a campfire Saturday night. Are you good at leading people in song and interested in leading Havdalah Saturday night? Or, did you love camp cookery and you want to host a Saturday afternoon activity? If any of these tasks appeal to you, sign up here or please contact Maggy Kay at LouiseCircleReunion@gmail.com.
New Inductees – Shabbat Choir
All 2023 Circle inductees are invited to be in the Shabbat Choir on Friday night.
Havdalah Saturday Night
2013, 2003, and other CIT groups celebrating milestone reunions will be invited on stage to help lead us in Havdalah!
Towels, Sheets, Blankets- Oh my!
Participants are responsible for all pillows, linens, blankets, and towels during the weekend. If you are traveling from far away and need help finding sheets/etc. to use at Reunion, or if you can bring extra sheets/etc. for someone to borrow, please email Maggy Kay at LouiseCircleReunion@gmail.com. Also, check the forecast and make sure you have cold weather gear and rain gear if you’ll need it!
Meals and the Dining Hall
- Meals are scheduled for one hour. Please clean up after yourself and be out of the dining hall by the end of that hour so that dining hall staff have time and space to clean.
- The dining hall is a dry space. If you are over 21, you can drink responsibly in your living space and in other parts of camp, but you may not bring alcohol into the dining hall.
- Various swag items – a smorgasbord, if you will – will be available for purchase in the dining hall. Things you may have missed in previous years are going to be on sale. Did you order fanny packs or wine cups? This will also be where you can pick up your order.
We’ll give you a detailed agenda when you arrive at Circle Reunion, but here’s a quick run-down of some of the activities you should expect to see.
- Shabbat Dinner
- Shabbat Services
- Group Photo – Meet in Solarium after services
- Town Hall Meeting – Join us at Junior Campfire for our annual Town Hall to hear updates and talk about how Circle can better serve its membership – you! Email topics to Reesa Pearlman by Thursday, September 7th.
- Camp and Circle Screen-printed swag from Hot Off The Press will be available for purchase throughout the afternoon!
- Tie Dye – Please bring an 100% cotton item to tie-dye, we will have a limited supply thanks to sponsor, Debi Goltz.
- Copper Enameling – If you noted on your registration you would iike to participate, you will receive your “time slot” for copper with your name tag. The $5 payment for materials can made in cash or electronically at reunion.
- Farming – Come check out the farm with Meredith “Merry B.” Byer, Farming Department Head 2023
- Sing Down – A reunion classic!
- Talent Show – Start practicing your talent now! We’ll be hitting the big stage at Jill’s Place with a show starring YOU! Sign up to relive your days on the camp stage. Sign ups are first come, first served.
- Campfire with S’Mores
- Breakfast & Cleanup – Hit the road with a full belly by 10:30am! But before leaving, please help us clean. We don’t want future visitors and campers to find our bottle caps or leftover snacks!
Donate to Circle
As you can imagine, Circle Reunion is one of the largest expenses of the year for Circle. Now’s the time to consider making a gift. More information will be available at Reunion, or you can check our website or reach out to Andie Snyder at any time!
- General Circle Fund – Your donation goes towards year-round activities, Circle Reunion, gifts to camp, and special projects.
- Reunion Scholarship Fund – Give a Circle sibling the opportunity to come to Reunion at a discounted cost.
- License Plates– Show your camp pride on the road.
- Dedication Plaques, Leaves, and Bricks – Leave a legacy in honor or memory of someone special from Circle around Camp.
Circle Board Voting
Voting will be open online until September 7, and in-person voting will take place at Circle Reunion on Friday, September 8 until 8:30pm. New Board members will be announced at the Town Hall Meeting during Circle Reunion on Saturday, September 9. If you have any questions about the nominations or voting process, contact Jessie Snydman.
Don’t forget to vote for your board members!